請用 Wechat 掃描台灣精品QRcode 或 搜尋ID: TaiwanExcellence
The original intention for designing SME, the standing wheelchair, is to accomplish the dream of wheelchairs that one can communication in the same stature. To help the users precede the standing training, enhance the lower limbs loading capability, SME features several unique designs:
1. Sit-to-stand mechanism: The system provides six-point touch ground via back & seat structured link-movement and footplate pushed down while standing. It can make the users have much better feeling of safety.
2. The brand new adjustment system: With more than 300 combinations of adjustment, SME provides better match to fit user’s body dimension. It includes seat depthx3、armrest heightx5、foldable and angle adjustable footplate and 3 adjustments of knee support to prevent the body sliding.
3. SME is the first standing wheelchair with the angle of 80 degree in standing position. The innovation design can enhance the stability while standing and make the user easily to access the environment.
Unlike the other standing power wheelchairs with the weight up to 80-100kg in the market, SME, with its light-weight aluminum frame and stylish design, is only 25.8kg and can provide up to 120kg loading weight. It features power standing and manual propel, which allows the users with sufficient upper body control to have the chance to propel the chair and train their muscle. In addition, SME encompasses several ergonomic concepts including:
1. Ergo flip-back armrest allows height adjustment and easy side-transfer.
2. Detachable knee-support can adjust height and inward/outward direction. The angle adjustable footplate plus the knee-support provide better standing stability.
3. The chair’s design provides easily access to the environment and enhances the stability while standing and seating.
SME also passed high standard of quality test, including EMC/EMI、6666 times of dropping test and 200,000 times of two-drum cycling test. SME is for sure the choice of the ideal model in the market.
About KARMA MEDICAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD.
Established in 1987, Karma is an energetic and passionate brand that designs, manufactures, and sells a full range of mobility products for global markets over three decades.
Karma owns a strong in-house R&D team committed to provide the best product designs to the elderly and disabled people. In 2015 and 2018, Karma products were awarded by iF Design and Red Dot Design Awards.
Nowadays, senior citizens and people with physical limitations from more than 40 countries can easily obtain Karma’s high quality products and service, including the UK, Europe, Oceania, North America, and Asia. In these markets, Karma has achieved a very good market share and brand preference with great reputation.
Together with products, innovations and the core value - "Fit", Karma continues to move forward, and offer innovative life enhancement products which enable handicapped people to enjoy more active lifestyles and enrich their lives.
A rainy day encounter in 1987 changed the life of Kenny Chen, Karma’s founder. One rainy day in Taipei, Kenny noticed a woman struggling to fit her father’s wheelchair into the trunk of her car. The wheelchair was heavy- difficult even for a strong man like him to lift. Kenny couldn’t forget the despair of this woman, soaked in the rain and being splashed by noisy passing traffic, or the weight and the clumsiness of her father’s wheelchair. " Couldn’t wheelchairs be better?"
We have a big dream——
Each of our products is carefully designed with our customers’ voices, needs, and desires in mind. When it comes to user experiences, we strive to be more “caring, ”empathetic,” and “approachable.” Through our dedication and our mindfulness, we look forward to bringing more confidence, joy, and love for life to those with physical disabilities around the world.